History

1912

 

 

On 28 August 1912, an application was made for a permit to build a forge and iron foundry with a surface area of 250m2 on the Oude Stationsweg in Zaltbommel for the production of ship propellers. On 23 December 1912, the existing company was incorporated in the new iron, copper and metal foundry A. P. Van Voorden & Compagnie. A. P. (Aris Pieter) Van Voorden did the finances and G.J. (Gijsbertus Johannes) Van Voorden did sales.

 

 

1920

 

 

In December 1920 ship propeller No. 1000 was manufactured.

 

 

1928

The main customers were: the Zaltbommel shipyard J. Meijers Scheepsbouw, the Zaltbommel dredging company Van Hattum, NV Philips Gloeilampenfabrieken in Eindhoven and the Zuiderzee Works.

 

 

1940-1945

 

 

During the war, production was cut right back. In 1944 production was stopped completely, but was gradually resumed in 1945.

 

 

1980

Production expanded from just ship propellers to castings for the dredging industry, such as impellers, pump casings and wear plates.

 

 

1982

Start of production of cast steel

 

 

1986

Start of production of stainless steel

 

 

2008

Opening of the new modern foundry on the Bossekamp in Zaltbommel

 

 

2012

Van Voorden become part of Andus Group, consisting of three divisions: Manufacturing, Services & Maintenance and Contracting. In 2012 Van Voorden celebrated its centenary and may now call itself Royal Van Voorden.